Creating a new user profile is essential when you’re going to have multiple people accessing your website. Below are the available roles for user profiles and what access and rights they have.
- Administrator – The main account(s) with access to everything. Usually reserved for your web designer, and site owner.
- Author – Can create pages and posts and publish them without the need to have them reviewed.
- Editor – These user profiles are mainly used for people who will be reviewing posts written by Contributors.
- Contributor – May create new posts and submit them for review by Editors or Authors and above.
- Subscriber – Mainly to view new content that is published to your website. May also receive email notifications for new posts.
FREE Slide Decks, FREE Worksheets, and more!
By joining our mailing list, you'll be included in getting exclusive downloadable worksheets, notifications of new articles, and content that only subscribers will get access to.