Creating a new user profile is essential when you’re going to have multiple people accessing your website. Below are the available roles for user profiles and what access and rights they have.
- Administrator – The main account(s) with access to everything. Usually reserved for your web designer, and site owner.
- Author – Can create pages and posts and publish them without the need to have them reviewed.
- Editor – These user profiles are mainly used for people who will be reviewing posts written by Contributors.
- Contributor – May create new posts and submit them for review by Editors or Authors and above.
- Subscriber – Mainly to view new content that is published to your website. May also receive email notifications for new posts.