The 2014 FIFA World Cup will be the 20th FIFA World Cup, an international men’s association football tournament that is scheduled to take place in Brazil from 12 June to 13 July 2014. It will be the second time that Brazil has hosted the competition, the previous being in 1950. Brazil was elected unchallenged as host nation in 2007 after the international football federation, FIFA, decreed that the tournament would be staged in South America for the first time since 1978 in Argentina, and the fifth time overall.
With this amazing event on the scope, we are definitely researching all the designs created to bring the FIFA World Cup to life. Logo, video game, ball, trophy, shirts and much more; lets discover them. The Official Logo forms the cornerstone of the event’s brand identity. From the fans to the commercial affiliates and every single piece of event merchandise, this logo represents the association with football’s flagship event and lives on long after it is over, logged in the memories of everyone involved. The winning nation’s especially.
Role of the logo
- provide a strong, visual representation of both the event and the host country
- 25 Brazilian-based agencies submit designs for the Official Emblem of the 2014
- over 125 submissions were received by the time of the competition’s closing date
- reviewed by FIFA and the LOC and eventually reduced to a shortlist of designs.
Who picked the official Logo?
- Architect Oscar Niemeyer
- Designer Hans Donner
- Supermodel Gisele Bundchen
- Author Paulo Coelho
- Singer/Actress Ivete Sangalo
- Football figure Ricardo Teixeira
- FIFA Secretary General Jérôme Valcke
The winner logo
- Title: Inspiration
- Inspiration: from an iconic photograph of three victorious hands together raising the world’s most famous trophy
- Simbols: the portrayal of the hands is symbolic of the yellow and green hands of Brazil warmly welcoming the world to Brazil
- Elements: victory and union
- Colors: yellow and green
- Typography: contemporary
- Message: the unique bond between FIFA, the FIFA World Cup and Brazil
The message that is clear from this emblem is the idea of the unique bond between FIFA, the FIFA World Cup™ and Brazil.
What do you think about the logo? Do you like it?